$100 to $150 per 50-60 minute session. Reduced rates may be available for some circumstances.
Most insurance plans offer some kind of mental health coverage, but please be aware that if you have a deductible, claims for your sessions will not pay until the deductible has been met. It also is important to know when your deductible restarts because not all plans operate on a calendar year. Accepted carriers are:
- Anthem Blue Cross/Blue Shield
- United (includes UHC, UBH, Connecticare, Oxford)
- State of CT (Husky)
If you have insurance with another carrier your policy may have out-of-network benefits that we can access. If you contact us directly we can verify if your benefits will cover services and what percentage of the fee is covered by your particular plan. If you are able to pay directly for services we encourage this because there are several complicating factors associated with using insurance .
- You will have to be diagnosed. Insurance companies will not reimburse claims unless you have a diagnosable mental disorder found in the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM). Diagnosing then places a label on you that becomes a part of your permanent record. This may not matter to you if you receive medical benefits through your employer; but if you ever become self-employed or need to purchase private insurance, having a mental health diagnosis may impact your ability to gain preferred coverage, or affordable coverage at all.
- Your care is determined by your insurer. Regardless of your need, your insurance can limit the number of allowable sessions. Insurance also requires a treatment plan from the therapist that fits the diagnosis given. The problem with this is that you may then be given care based on what is required for reimbursement, rather than your specific or actual need.
- Your insurance company can audit your record at any time, hence, your private records may be seen by any claims specialist assigned to review your file. This might not matter to you, but if you require high clearance for a job (in the government, armed forces, etc.), this may be important for you to know.
We accept cash, check and all major credit cards as forms of payment. You also can pay directly using the Client Portal that you will be asked to set up before you begin therapy here.
Please notify us at least 24 hours in advance if you can’t make your appointment. If you miss your appointment and fail to notify us, we will bill you for the full cost of the session.
Good Faith Estimate
As of January 1, 2022 there is a Federal law called the No Surprises Act became that requires health care providers to give patients who don’t have insurance or who are not using their insurance a Good Faith Estimate of the cost of the services they will receive. To read more about this click here.
Any Other Questions
Please contact us for any additional questions you may have. We look forward to hearing from you!