Our families and the relationships we have with them directly impact who we are as individuals. From the moment we are born, we are learning from our families through words, habits and behaviors and from them even how to view and interact in the world around us.
If you experiencing family tensions, conflicts, and/or strained relationships, and desire to seek a healthier, closer family relationship, you can benefit from family therapy.
Common reasons for seeking family therapy include:
- Parent-child conflict
- Problems between siblings
- Domestic violence
- The unexpected or traumatic loss of a family member
Family therapy can help to address family issues and heal family wounds. If any of the above concerns resonate with you and your family, consider family therapy as a way to restore peace and bring balance.
Some positive family therapy outcomes are:
- Strategies to develop and maintain boundaries
- Fostered sense of cohesion and communication among family members
- Promotes problem-solving through an understanding of family patterns and dynamics
- Builds empathy and understanding.
- Reduces family conflict
Studies show that family therapy is particularly important for families with members who struggle with substance abuse, eating disorders and other behavioral issues. When the whole family works together to heal, each individual member as well as the family unit grows. If you’re interested in learning more about how we can help your family strengthen and heal, contact us today to schedule an appointment.